- 100ml nut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 50g Meridian smooth cashew butter
- 225g unrefined demerara sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g raisins
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- Additional 20g Meridian smooth cashew butter for topping
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin and pre heat the oven to 160C.
- Beat together the oil, banana, yogurt, eggs and cashew butter. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, flour, raisins and cashews.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until its well combined.
- Tip the the mixture into the prepared tin. Melt the additional 20g of cashew butter in the microwave or on the hob until just runny. Drizzle it over the cake mix and swirl with the tip of a knife or a skewer.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1hr 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes then turn out and allow to cool completely before cutting.